Therapy Insights Practice
330 West 38th Street, Suite 705
Michael Kariyev (He/Him) is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who graduated with his MSW from Long Island University and has been in practice since 2013. He is the Owner and Founder of Therapy Insights Practice, a group private practice in Midtown. His leadership, support and guidance provides the practice with the tools needed to expand and provide excellent clinical care to the many clients we serve. He rigorously chooses clinicians who are skilled, dynamic and diverse to the needs of their clients.
Michael has done extensive trauma training in EMDR with Dr. Laurel Parnell PHD from the Parnell Institute and EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) training with Dr. Dawson Church PHD. In addition, he is trained in EFT (Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy) and completed both the externship with Dr. Sue Johnson PHD and advanced Core Skills training with George Faller LMFT. Michael has completed Solution Focused Brief Therapy level 1, 2, and 3 with Joel Simon LCSW from the Center of Solution Focused Training. His clinical expertise include complex trauma, issues pertaining to the LGBTQ community, couples counseling, relationship issues and those contemplating or restructuring sexual constructs such monogamy/ENM Poly-relationships.
As practice administrator, Michael conducts consults with all new clients who enter the practice seeking help in finding the right therapist and provides placements depending on their specific needs. In addition, Michael conducts support groups on various topics, most recently focusing on LGBTQ and relationships. He supervises each clinician and oversees all clinicial and business operations of the practice.
- Gender: Male
- Languages Spoken: English
- Years in Practice: N/A
- Average Cost (per session): $175
- Sliding Scale: Yes
- Accepts Credit Cards: Yes
- Accepts Insurance: Aetna, BCBS, Cigna, Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield, Magnacare, Oxford, Sliding Scale, UMR, Oscar, Wellfleet, United Behavioral Health, United Healthcare
- Profession: LCSW
- Professional Affiliations:
- Degrees: Degree: MSWGraduate School: Long Island UniversityGraduated In: 2013
- Licenses: License Number: 084678Disciplinant Licensing: LCSW
- Modalities: Individuals, Couples, Families, Groups
- Ages: Adolescents, Adults, Geriatric
- Accept clients via telehealth: Yes
- ADD/ADHD, Addictions, Anger Management, Anxiety Disorders, Bipolar Disorder, Career Planning, Co Dependency, Compulsive Overeating, Conduct Disorders, DBT, Depression, Dissociative Disorders, EMDR, EMDR, Eating Disorders, Grief/Bereavement, Life Transitions, Marital Therapy, Men's Issues, OCD, PTSD/Trauma, Personal Growth And Self Discovery, Personality Disorders, Postpartum Adjustment, Pre-marital Counseling, Relationship Issues, Social Anxiety, Somatic Experiencing, Women's Issues