Internet, Opioids, Religion, and Cultural Competence!
Wednesday, January 10, 2024, 10:00 AM EST
Wednesday, January 10, 2024, 1:45 PM EST
Presenter: Presenter: Erik Hadden, MA, LCPC, LPC, Erik Hadden, MA, LCPC
These workshops offer 6 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
Full Day Webinar
January 10, 2024
10:00 am - 4:45 pm EST
This Full Day Webinar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 CE Credits. The cost of the full day is $99.99. You may attend an individual class for $59.99. This webinar is live and interactive.
To register for the FULL DAY Click "BUY IT NOW". To register for just one class, click on the Class/link below.
If you have any difficulty registering, please email us here.
(3 Category I CEUs – Cultural Competence)
What do you do when a devoutly spiritual client comes to you, wants to include their spirituality in their treatment and you are not very familiar with their religion? Have you ever felt confused as to whether or not a client’s religion or spirituality was hurting them or helping them? Multicultural competency in the mental health professions includes knowledge of religious diversity. “Spirituality continues to be a salient aspect of human psychological functioning…” (Peidmont, 2004). Learning the basics of many religions and some foundational cross-cultural concepts and principles can equip you toward a more thorough religious competency.
This interactive training will help participants understand the basic teachings and practices of major world religions. Participants will learn how to address a client’s religion and spirituality, if and when to incorporate it into treatment, and some common issues pertinent to treating clients from different religions.
(3 Category I CEUs)
How do we identify addiction or help someone who is in denial of their addiction? What are the common psychological experiences of someone struggling with addiction? What clinical approaches and skills seem to work well? Exploring what addiction is through understanding the experiences of those who call themselves 'addicts' will help demystify treating this sometimes confusing and anxiety-provoking mental health issue.
This session will look at the definition of addiction, the experience of the 'addict,' and general principles that are helpful in treatment. The purpose is to help the clinician who does not specialize in addictions to feel more confident in their ability to assess, understand and treat individuals who come to them for help.
(Trainer, Erik Hadden, LCPC is the owner of Synergia LLC and adjunct faculty at Hood College in the graduate Counseling program. He has worked doing emergency psychiatric evaluations, as a counselor and sychotherapist seeing individuals, couples and families, as a behaviorist at a weight management clinic, and as a college counselor in the Middle East. Erik enjoys cross-cultural experiences and dialogue. He has visited aproximately 21 countries around the globe and lived for 6 years in the United Arab Emirates. Being in a cross-cultural marriage, helping people bridge cultural gaps is a passion Erik and his wife share. He is also an actor in his spare time, specializing in improv. Erik has been a CE You! presenter since 2016.)
Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapist Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.