Intakes, Ethics, Race and Reporting
Presenter: Presenter: Kathryn Krase, Ph.D., J.D., M.S.W., Simcha Feuerman, LCSW-R, DHL
These workshops offer 6 Continuing Education Credits
All webinars in this series are recorded and will not grant live credits.
Full Day Webinar
Previously recorded. Watch at your own pace.
This Full Day Webinar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 CE Credits. The cost of the full day is $99.99. You may attend an individual class for $59.99. This webinar is live and interactive (Category 1)
To register for the FULL DAY Click "BUY IT NOW". To register for just one class, click on the Class/link below.
If you have any difficulty registering, please contact us here.
50 Minutes: How to Conduct an Amazing First Session with Your New Client
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM EST
In this webinar, we will discuss assessment, interviewing and joining techniques that allow you to learn about your client as well as form the basis for a continued, healthy therapeutic alliance. Some key skills that will be taught are: Joining, helping defuse tension feeling at ease, setting the stage, Assessment of the problem, Strengths-based interviewing, Related history taking, Reflection, collaboration, checking and refining, responding to personality disorders in intake process, statement of boundaries, appointment making etc.
(Trainer: Rabbi Simcha Feuerman, LCSW-R, DHL is a clinical social worker with 25 years experience treating individuals, families and couples. His current practice specializes in high conflict couples and families and male sexual health).
Making the Tough Call: Exploring the Ethics of Mandated Reporting through the Lens of Racial & Social Justice
1:45 PM - 4:45 PM EST
For over 50 years, various professionals have been required by law to report suspicions of child abuse and neglect as “mandated reporters”. This workshop explores the role of mandated reporting by applying foundational ethical principles through the lens of racial & social justice. An exploration of the original intent of mandated reporter laws will be juxtaposed with the evolution of the legal responsibility, and resulting disproportionalities in the current system. As society grapples with the role that certain systems, including the child welfare system, have played in poor outcomes for children of color, it is vital that we explore the role that individual reporters play in this process. This workshop will provide a framework for professionals to place their role in context, with the goal of furthering racial and social justice for all children and families.
(Trainer: Kathryn Krase, Ph.D., J.D., M.S.W., Principal Consultant with Krase Consultant and founder of Making the Tough Call is an expert on the professional reporting of suspected child maltreatment. She has authored multiple books and articles on the subject. She has years of experience consulting with government and community based organizations to develop policy & practice standards.)
This One Day Seminar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 CEs. The cost of the full day is $99.99. You may attend an individual class for $59.99.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- Interborough Developmental and Consultation Center is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board of Social Work as an approved provider of Continuing Education for Licensed Social Workers #SW-0524
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program. These credits are also accepted by the Maryland Boards for Professional Counselors, Psychology, and Certification of Residential Child Care Program Professionals, and many other states and disciplines.
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapist Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.