ADHD in the Family:
From Childhood through Launching and Thriving as a Couple
Tuesday, February 21, 2023, 10:00 AM America/New_York
Tuesday, February 21, 2023, 1:45 PM America/New_York
Presenter: Presenter: Ari Tuckman, PsyD, CST
These workshops offer 6 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
Full Day Webinar
February 21, 2023 10:00 AM - 4:45 PM EST
Lunch Break 1:00-1:45 PM EST
This Full Day Webinar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 CE Credits. The cost of the full day is $99.99. You may attend an individual class for $59.99.
To register for the FULL DAY Click "BUY IT NOW". To register for just one class, click on the Class/link below.
If you have any difficulty registering, please contact us here.
Class 1: 10:00 AM EST
Kids, teens, and young adults with ADHD can put parents (and therapists) in a bind—should they be given more oversight to ensure success or more freedom to learn on their own? Author and international speaker Ari Tuckman, PsyD will explain the many ways that ADHD executive function deficits impact family life and the strategies are most effective for managing these additional struggles. You will learn how to help these families navigate the daily challenges more effectively in order to reduce conflict, foster understanding of ADHD, and support agency to prepare young adults for launching into college and beyond. This will take the therapist out of the middle of the endless tug of wars and give them a framework to help these families.
Class 2: 1:45 PM EST
One out of eleven couples has one partner with ADHD which can impact not only the individual, but also makes certain relationship dynamics more likely—and makes these couples more likely to show up in your office. Unfortunately, if the one partner’s ADHD isn’t addressed directly, the therapist will get stuck in the same traps as the partners do. We will begin with a more useful conceptualization of how ADHD impacts an individual’s abilities to meet daily demands. We will then discuss how this sets up the dynamics that commonly develop in these couples, so that you can help these clients break free of the disempowering tug of war and create a more balanced and satisfying relationship. This will include how ADHD impacts a couple’s sex life and how to make yet another area of discontent into a shared activity that adds energy to the relationship.
About the Presenter
Ari Tuckman, PsyD, CST has given more than 600 presentations and routinely earns excellent reviews for his ability to make complicated information understandable and useful. He is the author of four books: “ADHD After Dark: Better Sex Life, Better Relationship”, "Understand Your Brain, Get More Done”, “More Attention, Less Deficit” and “Integrative Treatment for Adult ADHD”. He is a psychologist and sex therapist in private practice in West Chester, PA, and co-chair of the CHADD conference committee.
Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapist Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.