Presenter: Anna C. Kienski Woloski Wruble
- Introduction and myth breakers of ageing
- Physical changes of ageing and sexual implications
- Psycho-social implications of sexuality and ageing
1. Introduction and myth breakers of ageing (5 minutes)
2. Physical changes of ageing and sexual implications
a. normative changes in the healthy older adult and sexuality (15 minutes)
b. chronic illness and ramifications on sexuality (15 minutes)
3. Psycho-social implications of sexuality and ageing (10 minutes)
Resources for further study: 1. Chung, E. (2019). Sexuality in Ageing Male: Review of Pathophysiology and Treatment Strategies for Various Male Sexual Dysfunctions. Medical Sciences, 7(10), 98.
2. Garrett, D., & Lawton, S. (2019). The effects of ageing on female genital and sexual health. British Journal of Nursing, 28(18), 1192-1195.
3. Gewirtz-Meydan, A., Hafford-Letchfield, T., Ayalon, L., Benyamini, Y., Biermann, V., Coffey, A., ... & Zeman, Z. (2019). How do older people discuss their own sexuality? A systematic review of qualitative research studies. Culture, health & sexuality, 21(3), 293-308.
3. Mahieu, L., Cavolo, A., & Gastmans, C. (2019). How do community-dwelling LGBT people perceive sexuality in residential aged care? A systematic literature review. Aging & mental health, 23(5), 529-540.
4. Palha, A. P. (2019). Sexuality in Older Adults. In Primary Care Mental Health in Older People (pp. 229-235). Springer, Cham.
5. Shen, S. (2019). Chronic Disease Burden, Sexual Frequency, and Sexual Dysfunction in Partnered Older Adults. Journal of sex & marital therapy, 1-15.
6. Sinković, M., & Towler, L. (2019). Sexual aging: a systematic review of qualitative research on the sexuality and sexual health of older adults. Qualitative health research, 29(9), 1239-1254.
Refund Policy: Full Refund until 48 hours before scheduled date.
48 hours before: full refund less $5.00 processing fee. After event no refund will be given.
*exclusions apply for reasonable need and cause.
This webinar offers 1 NYS ED Self Study Credits