The browser you're using is not supported. Please try again using a supported browser such as
Click here to open the FAQ page
NEFESH ALL POINTS NORTH LODGE Professional Development
Ethical Practice for Couples Therapy!
Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 1:45 PM EST
Presenter: Rabbi Shlomo Slatkin MS, LCPC
Therapists are taught of our ethical responsibility to "Do No Harm". Couples therapy is an area in which the potential for harm to the client is great as "unsuccessful therapy" can make a relationship worse and even lead to divorce. Besides basic competency in couple's work, there are other practices of good therapy that when applied will ensure that the therapist provides a safe and neutral environment for the couple to work through their issues.
This interactive training will help you explore the best ethical practices for couple's therapy as well as explore why working with couples requires a different set of core competencies than individual therapy. Through lecture and interactive discussions, participants will consider the the various ethical dilemmas that arise in couple's therapy. They will also learn how to better provide neutrality and unconditional positive regard for the couple.
Participants will learn best ethical practices for couple's therapy that will make their work with couples more effective. You will examine real case scenarios and will gain skills that will be useful in all areas of your clinical practice.
This presentation is open to:
Refund Policy: Full Refund until 48 hours before scheduled date.
48 hours before: full refund less $5.00 processing fee. After event no refund will be given.
*exclusions apply for reasonable need and cause.
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437