Opioid Addiction, Chronic Pain, and the Science of Mindfulness
Presenter: Presenter: Shimmy Feintuch, LCSW CASAC-G
These workshops offer 6 Continuing Education Credits
All webinars in this series are recorded and will not grant live credits.
Full Day Webinar
This Full Day Webinar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 CE Credits. The cost of the full day is $99.99. You may attend an individual class for $59.99. This webinar is live and interactive.
To register for the FULL DAY Click "BUY IT NOW". To register for just one class, click on the Class/link below.
If you have any difficulty registering, please email us here.
Opioid Addiction: What, Why, and What Now?
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM EST
This course will begin with a general understanding of addictive disorders and then focus on the specifics of opioid addiction. The presenter will discuss the general neurological and psychological process of dependency disorders, as well as the specific neurochemistry of opioids. The presenter will then cover specific evidence-based addiction treatment modalities. Learn about the risks and workings of opioids in order to help ensure a collaborative process in helping clinicians establish responsible opioid prescribing and effective pain management"
Treating Chronic Pain with the Science of Mindfulness
1:45 PM -4:45 PM EST
This course addresses a persistent driver of opioid use and dependence: chronic pain. While this course will cover some chronic pain basics, its main focus will be on the theoretical and practical application of mindfulness practice as a chronic pain treatment intervention. The presenter will provide a neurobiological theoretical understanding of mindfulness interventions. The presentation will then shift into a practical understanding of techniques for clinical practice of mindfulness with patients, both for teaching the skill and for increasing patients' motivation to practice.
Shimmy Feintuch, LCSW CASAC-G is a New York City-based psychotherapist, professor, writer, and international public speaker. He speaks about issues relevant to community, emotional wellness, and spirituality, and has lectured in exotic locales like Kansas, Shanghai, and Brooklyn.
Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
Implicit Bias: Clinical and ethical Considerations
August 25, 2022
Accreditation Statement Physicians (ACCME) Credit Designation
Amedco LLC designates this live activity / enduring material for a maximum of 6 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by
Amedco LLC and CE You! Amedco LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for
Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
(ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing
education for the healthcare team. Successful completion of this program qualifies for up
to 6 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM.
Amedco LLC certifies that the attendee named above has participated in the enduring activity titled Pain-killers:
Opioid Addiction, Chronic Pain, and the Science of Mindfulness, online, between September 10, 2021 and September 10, 2023 and is awarded the number of AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM listed above. National JA Provider # 4008163.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapist Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.