Policy Advocacy Tools for Practice & Legal System Involvement
Monday, June 12, 2023, 10:00 AM America/New_York
Monday, June 12, 2023, 1:45 PM America/New_York
Presenter: Presenter: Kathryn Krase, Ph.D.,
These workshops offer 6 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
Full Day Webinar
June 12th, 2023
10:00 AM - 4:45 PM EST
This Full Day Webinar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 CE Credits. The cost of the full day is $99.99. You may attend an individual class for $59.99. This webinar is live and interactive.
To register for the FULL DAY Click "BUY IT NOW". To register for just one class, click on the Class/link below.
If you have any difficulty registering, please email us here.
Mental & Behavioral Health Professionals as Change Agents: Policy Advocacy Tools for Practice
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM EST
Mental & behavioral health professionals in practice often find it hard to be active policy advocates, because we are uncomfortable, and/or lack the skills and experience to engage. This workshop will highlight the importance of engaging in social and political action by refreshing participants on available advocacy skills and tools. The focus of this workshop, however, will be on getting the work done. We will brainstorm advocacy areas ripe for professional involvement of mental and behavioral health professionals, make a plan for social and political action, get the work started, and prepare for future action.
About the Presenter
Kathryn Krase, Ph.D., J.D., M.S.W., Principal Consultant with Krase Consultant and founder of Making the Tough Call is an expert on the professional reporting of suspected child maltreatment. She has authored multiple books and articles on the subject. She has years of experience consulting with government and community based organizations to develop policy & practice standards. Organizational Chart “Making the Tough Call” is a project of Krase Consulting. Kathryn S. Krase is the sole proprietor of both initiatives. Both Making the Tough Call and Krase Consulting are registered entities in New York State.
Witness? Expert? Party to a Proceeding? Preparing Mental Health Professionals for Legal System Involvement
1:45 PM - 4:45 PM EST
Are you working with a family involved in a custody case? Have you been asked to serve as an expert witness? Are you worried about being sued? Mental health professionals are often put in a position where they must interface with the legal system. Many times, these interactions are not voluntary on the part of the mental health professional. As a result, they can be daunting. This course will help prepare mental health professionals with information and skills to competently interface with the legal system, when necessary.
About the Presenter
Kathryn Krase, Ph.D., J.D., M.S.W., Principal Consultant with Krase Consultant, is an expert on the legal and ethical implications of professional practice. She has authored multiple books and articles on the subject. She has years of experience consulting with government and community based organizations to develop policy & practice standards.
This One Day Seminar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 CEs. The cost of the full day is $99.99. You may attend an individual class for $59.99.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..