The browser you're using is not supported. Please try again using a supported browser such as
Click here to open the FAQ page
NEFESH ALL POINTS NORTH LODGE Professional Development
Imago Relationship Therapy:
Becoming Competent in couple's work
Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 10:00 AM EST
Presenter: Rabbi Shlomo Slatkin MS, LCPC
Couple's work can often feel overwhelming for clinicians. In spite of years of training in psychotherapy, the thought of having to manage the energy and the conflict of two people leads many therapists to run the other way. Imago Relationship Therapy is an approach with a thirty-year track record. It provides clinicians with a new perspective into conceptualizing conflict as well as a clear structure for running a session, allowing the therapist to remain in control of the room and achieve phenomenal results.
This interactive training offers concrete steps for providing successful couples counseling. Participants will gain confidence in couples work when they understand the methods employed by Imago therapists. Clinicians will learn how to better conceptualize the conflict that the couples is experiencing, and how to create enough safety to de-escalate the conflict and help the couple reconnect. Participants will also be exposed to the Imago Dialogue process and how it can be used to elicit more effective communication, understanding, and compassion.
This presentation is open to:
Refund Policy: Full Refund until 48 hours before scheduled date.
48 hours before: full refund less $5.00 processing fee. After event no refund will be given.
*exclusions apply for reasonable need and cause.
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..