Click here to open the FAQ page
Trauma & Teshuva III
Presenter: David Pelcovitz, Ph.D, Rabbi David Fox, Ph.D, Aviva Biberfeld, Ph.D
In the midst of the Days of Awe, three expert clinicians explore psychological and theological connections between our clinical work with trauma & the teshuva process.
Topics covered include:
- Effects of trauma on our cognition and perception
- The role and importance of "meaning" in working with trauma
- The importance of "being" vs. "doing" in our work with trauma
- Insights into teshuva from our roles as "Healers of the Psyche" and how teshuva informs our clinical work.
- Behavioral, emotional and cognitive processes and their interplay in both teshuva and trauma work
- Dispute among the Rishonim regarding the basic components of the teshuva process