Crisis Management (Suicide Prevention) and Teaching The Brain To Heal
Wednesday, May 31, 2023, 10:00 AM America/New_York
Wednesday, May 31, 2023, 1:45 PM America/New_York
Presenter: Presenter: Elan Javanfard, MA, LMFT, Rozi P. Wax, LMFT, LMHC
These workshops offer 6 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
Full Day Webinar
May 31st, 2023 10:00AM - 4:45PM EST
Lunch Break 1:00-1:45PM EST
This Full Day Webinar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 CE Credits. The cost of the full day is $99.99. You may attend an individual class for $59.99.
To register for the FULL DAY Click "BUY IT NOW". To register for just one class, click on the Class/link below.
If you have any difficulty registering, please contact us here.
Class 1: 10:00AM-1:00PM EST
Under Pressure: Crisis Management (Suicide Prevention)
This course explores a systematic and structured conceptual model for crisis assessment and intervention that facilitates planning for effective brief treatment in outpatient psychiatric clinics, community mental health centers, counseling centers, or crisis intervention settings. Application of Roberts' seven-stage crisis intervention model can facilitate the clinician's effective intervening by emphasizing rapid assessment of the client's problem and resources, collaborating on goal selection and attainment, finding alternative coping methods, developing a working alliance, and building upon the client's strengths. This course clarifies the distinct differences between disaster management and crisis intervention and when each is critically needed. This workshop will address many core skills pertinent to suicide prevention.
About the Presenter: Elan Javanfard is a Psychotherapist (LMFT # 87054) who specializes in reintegrating the whole self, by utilizing present focused methods of discovery and coping. He also serves as an adjunct professor at Pepperdine University’s Graduate School of Education & Psychology.
Class 2: 1:45PM-4:45PM EST
Teaching The Brain To Heal - Understanding Autonomic Nervous System and its Therapeutic Application
This workshop will explore and explain the function of the Autonomic Nervous System as it relates to the functioning of the brain and our emotional reactivity.
The therapists familiarity with the functioning of this system, enables them to see and process their clients' reactive behaviours in a new light. With this knowledge, therapist can guide the client to awareness and freedom of choice in their emotional state as well as their ability to choose their responses.
As it will be demonstrated in this workshop, the functioning of the Autonomic Nervous System can be clearly viewed and processed within the framework of all evidence based modalities including CBT, EMDR, Psychodynamic, Ego State, body based modalities and more.
This workshop will include demonstration of some techniques and participants will have the opportunity to practice a technique in a break out session
About the Presenter: Rozi P Wax is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist as well as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in the State of Indiana. She received her M.A. in Counseling Psychology from the University of Notre Dame Indiana (1982). She has been a general practitioner as well as a specialized trauma therapist for over 40 years. Some of her trainings include TF-CBT, Neurolinguistic Programming, EMDR, Brain Spotting, LifeSpan Integration, Multiple Somatic treatment modalities, Ego State interventions, BFAP, Rapid Resolution Therapy, Progressive Counting, Flash Technique. She is currently managing an outpatient private practice clinic-South Bend Mental Health Associates- that specializes in Diagnostic/Forensic Psychological Evaluations as well as consultation and training for mental health clinicians. She is called on as an expert witness for trauma cases. She supervises clinicians in multiple modalities, both in person and online, nationally, and internationally. Rozi Wax sits on the board of her local child advocacy center -The CASIE Center as well as the board of Nefesh International.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapist Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.