Hidden Depression, Suicide Prevention, Telehealth, and Ethics Webinar!
Tuesday, June 27, 2023, 10:00 AM America/New_York
Tuesday, June 27, 2023, 1:45 PM America/New_York
Presenter: Presenter: Dr. Margaret Rutherford, Kim Cook, LCSW
These workshops offer 6 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
Full Day Webinar
June 27, 2023
10:00AM - 4:45PM EST
This Full Day Webinar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 CE Credits. The cost of the full day is $99.99. You may attend an individual class for $59.99. This webinar is live and interactive (Category 1)
To register for the FULL DAY Click "BUY IT NOW". To register for just one class, click on the Class/link below.
If you have any difficulty registering, please contact us here.
The Perfectly Hidden Potential for Suicide (3 CE Credits)
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM EST
Many people are raised to believe that expressing painful emotion is a sign of weakness or that being emotionally vulnerable is far too unsafe. Emotional survival often came by creating a defensive strategy - that of a perfect-looking life. In this groundbreaking presentation, Dr. Margaret Robinson Rutherford, author of Perfectly Hidden Depression; How to Break Free From the Perfectionism that Masks Your Depression (New Harbinger Publications, 2019) will discussed the symptoms of this overlooked “silent” depression.
Dr. Rutherford, will discuss early research on perfectionism that noted its connection with depression, as well as the difference between constructive and destructive perfectionism. Suicide trends will be discussed as well as their correlation with destructive perfectionism. Dr. Rutherford will also present more recent studies revealing three types of perfectionism that have been discovered by research and their unique potential for lethality. Dr. Rutherford will present her work on the ten core traits of Perfectly Hidden Depression and will discuss the treatment model she's defined, using mindfulness, cognitive/behavioral, family systems approaches and more, guiding the patient toward greater vulnerability, and thus relief from the burden they've been carrying.
(Trainer: Dr. Margaret Rutherford, a clinical psychologist from Fayetteville, Arkansas, hosts a highly popular podcast, The SelfWork Podcast, consistently ranked in the top 50 of US mental health podcasts. Her column in Psychology Today and her book, Perfectly Hidden Depression; How to Break Free From the Perfectionism that Masks Your Depression (New Harbinger Publications, 2019), focuses a much-needed light on the dangerous link between destructive perfectionism and depression).
Telehealth: Ethical Implications for Sustaining and Thriving in Virtual Clinical Practice (3 CE Credits - Ethics)
1:45 PM - 4:45 PM EST
This workshop will offer participants an opportunity to learn about Telehealth Counseling as a treatment modality. In light of the fact that this mode of healthcare delivery is being adapted as a standard platform for care, it is important for clinicians to understand the basics and be prepared to go beyond that into excellence in service delivery to our clients.
This workshop will also review the relevant ethical principles and how they apply to the provision of services in this modality, while keeping clinicians updated on legislative changes that impact this field of practice.
(Trainer: Kim Cook, LCSW, has clinical and administrative background in outpatient mental health. She is the Director of Elu: Counseling, Consulting, and Coaching with offices in Tennessee and North Carolina and virtually serves others through telehealth. She does consulting work with non-profits and has a certificate in Non-Profit Leadership. Kim maintains her LCSW licensure in Maryland, Virginia, Tennessee, Georgia, and North Carolina.)
This One Day Seminar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 CEs. The cost of the full day is $99.99. You may attend an individual class for $59.99.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapist Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.