Reactivity to Empowerment in Couple Therapy and Psychodrama Seminar
Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 10:00 AM America/New_York
Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 1:45 PM America/New_York
Presenter: Presenter: Mona D. Fishbane, Ph.D., Bruchy Moskovics, LCSW
These workshops offer 6 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
Full Day Webinar
January 11, 2023
This Full Day Webinar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 CE Credits. The cost of the full day is $99.99. You may attend an individual class for $59.99. This webinar is live and interactive.
To register for the FULL DAY Click "BUY IT NOW". To register for just one class, click on the Class/link below.
If you have any difficulty registering, please email us here.
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM EST
(3 CE Credits)
Couples in distress often get caught up in cycles of emotional reactivity, each blaming the other and seeing self as victim—a linear view. This lecture explores ways to identify and diagram the couple’s dance using the Vulnerability Cycle Diagram. The therapist helps the couple understand the circular nature of their impasse, and the ways in which both are victims of and the (inadvertent) co-creators of the cycle. We will explore ways to identify and work with each partner’s vulnerabilities and survival strategies, often rooted in the family of origin, and situated within the larger sociocultural context. The discussion will be informed by the latest research from interpersonal neurobiology, including the dynamics of emotion dysregulation, techniques for emotion regulation, and the tension between habits and change. Dr. Fishbane’s approach enhances partners’ relational empowerment, including self-regulation, choice, living according to one’s higher goals and values, and reaching for one’s “best self.”
(Trainer, Mona Fishbane, Ph.D., clinical psychologist in NJ, former director, Couple Therapy Training Program, Chicago Center for Family Health. Author of the book, Loving with the Brain in Mind: Neurobiology & Couple Therapy, and numerous articles on couples, neurobiology, and intergenerational relationships. Gives workshops & keynotes nationally & internationally, APA Family Psychologist of the Year Award 2017 (Div. 43))
This One Day Seminar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 CEs. The cost of the full day is $99.99. You may attend an individual class for $59.99.
1:45 PM - 4:45 PM EST
(3 CE Credits)
Most often used in groups, Psychodrama and Sociometry are part of a powerful experiential modality first used by Jacob L. Moreno (ref). In this course, participants will learn the basic history of this modality, and will leave with 8 basic skills that can readily be applied in sessions. Participants will have the opportunity to be a part of the interventions while they are being taught, as the course is almost entirely experiential as well.
(Trainer, Bruchy Moskovics is a psychotherapist and Child Life Specialist. She is training in the psychodrama modality under several premiere clinicians, including Dr. Tian Dayton, a direct student of Zerka Moreno. Bruchy runs psychodrama groups and utilizes this technique in group work, individual work, as well as with couples and children.)
Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapist Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.