Sexual Violence, Anti-Racism, and Motivational Interviewing Seminar
Presenter: Presenter: Chandra Dawson, LISW, LCSW, Lissa Ramsepaul, LICSW, LCSW-C
These workshops offer 6 Continuing Education Credits
All webinars in this series are recorded and will not grant live credits.
FULL DAY WEBINAR
May 18th, 2023 10:00AM - 4:45PM EST
LUNCH BREAK 1:00-1:45PM EST
This Full Day Webinar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 CE Credits. The cost of the full day is $99.99. You may attend an individual class for $59.99.
To register for the FULL DAY Click "BUY IT NOW". To register for just one class, click on the Class/link below.
If you have any difficulty registering, please contact us here.
Sexual Violence: Addressing it with an Anti-Racism Lens
(3 CE Credits – Cultural Competence) 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM EST
Sexual Violence is often narrowly examined as an issue solely centering gender and violence. For BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and people of color) survivors, sexual violence has historically served as a tool to facilitate racism and other forms of oppression. This training will examine the intersection of sexual violence & racism. Participants will be provided with the critical tools for implementing anti-racism sexual violence intervention and prevention services specific to the needs of communities of color.
(Trainer, Chandra Dawson, LISW, LCSW is a social worker with over 20 years of social work practice serving various marginalized populations primarily comprised of communities of color. She has years of organizational experience including crisis intervention, supervision, training, project management and senior leadership within organizations serving domestic violence and sexual assault survivors and numerous marginalized populations. She is the founder of The MACRO Project where she supports organizations in addressing the trauma-informed intersectional service and advocacy needs of individuals and communities.)
Engaging Challenging Clients Using Motivational Interviewing (3 CE Credits)
1:45 PM - 4:45 PM EST
When clients are not interested in working with a mental health professional, it can be hard to create a therapeutic relationship with them. This training is designed to help experienced practitioners build on their current approach to working with clients who are difficult to engage. Attendees will learn new ways of applying supportive techniques to improve outcomes with this population.
During this class, the definition and basic principles of Motivational Interviewing will be reviewed. Strengths Based Theory will be applied to creating a therapeutic alliance with mandated or ambivalent clients. Motivational challenges on the individual and systemic levels will be identified and explored for how they impact treatment. The training will incorporate group practice exercises to allow participants to combine their new knowledge with what they already practice. A segment on coaching supervisees and non-clinical staff will be included.
(Trainer: Lissa Ramsepaul, LICSW, LCSW-C, is a licensed clinical social worker in MD and DC. She currently works as a nonprofit management consultant after years of working in the homeless services and mental health sectors in DC. She has a passion for working with clients that are mandated, ambivalent about services, and report a history of bad experiences with mental health services in the past.)
This One Day Seminar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 CEs. The cost of the full day is $99.99. You may attend an individual class for $59.99.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program. These credits are also accepted by the Maryland Boards for Professional Counselors, Psychology, and Certification of Residential Child Care Program Professionals, and many other states and disciplines.
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapist Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.