- Medical Safety of Your Family and Everyone Else- Community and the General Public
- Basic Necessities: Food, Toiletries, Hygiene, Household Supplies
- Psychological Safety of Your Family and Anyone for Whom You’re Responsible
- Emotional Well-Being of Your Family et al.
- Functionality of Your Family- Systems that Work FOR YOU and Each Family Member
- Making Money- You Know, Like to Feed Your Family and Stuff
- Creative and Contributive Outlets
- Social Connections - Video Calling Friends and Family
- Educational Stimulation- According to Individual Needs and Interests
- Entertainment and Recreation
Notice what didn’t even make it on to this list?
Schoolwork. Homework assignments. Zoom calls pretending to be classrooms.
Right. Not a priority. Not even a little.
If your kids enjoy that, then great- buy their teacher a mug, or four.
But if it’s stressing you or your kids out?
Leave it alone. It’s just not worth it.
They will not remember more than 50% of what they learn scholastically.
They will remember family relationships, patience, emotional validation, and resilience.
Focus on what matters.
Check out my new course!
A Religious Families Guide to Healthy Holy Sex Education: Sacred Not Secret
Elisheva Liss, LMFT is a psychotherapist in private practice. Her book, Find Your Horizon of Healthy Thinking, is available on Amazon.com. She can be reached for sessions or speaking engagements at firstname.lastname@example.org More of her content can be found at ElishevaLiss.com