Asher Hennes, Mr.
The Trauma Healing Center
14300 N. Northsight Blvd. Suite 214
I am passionate about helping individuals recover from addiction, heal from trauma, and develop meaningful intimate relationships in their lives. My belief in the inherent good inside every person and that healing comes from within, drew me towards Somatic Experiencing; a psychobiological approach to resolving trauma that emphasizes human beings’ innate protective responses and natural capacity to heal. I believes in treating the mind,
body, and spirit and integrate Somatic Experiencing (SE), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Post-Induction Therapy (PIT), and Spiritual and Mindfulness practices.
Growing up in a religious Midwest environment taught me the value of spirituality and community as well as the potential challenges of insularity and dogma. I strive to create a safe space for clients to connect to the present moment and discover and embrace their authentic selves.
I have inpatient experience at an acute long-term residential treatment center, where I worked with individuals struggling with addiction, trauma, and intimacy disorders. I have extensive experience helping neurodiverse individuals enhance their interpersonal skills and executive functioning. I am currently completing my master’s in clinical counseling and training for certification as a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP) as well as being a candidate for Certified Sex Addiction Therapy (CSAT).
- Gender: Male
- Languages Spoken: English
- Years in Practice: N/A
- Average Cost (per session): $75
- Sliding Scale: Yes
- Accepts Credit Cards: Yes
- Accepts Insurance: None
- Profession: Clinical Intern
- Professional Affiliations: The Trauma Healing Center
- Modalities: Individuals, Groups
- Accept clients via telehealth: Yes
- Addictions, Anger Management, Co Dependency, Compulsive Overeating, Depression, Dissociative Disorders, Sexual Addiction, Sexual Difficulties, Somatic Experiencing, Spiritual/Religious Issues, Substance Abuse