Nachum Klafter, Dr.
Read my blog here: Judaism and Psychoanalysis
I practice psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, and psychopharmacology. I treat patients who seek help for various types of problems. Depression, anxiety, difficulties in relationships, and feeling overwhelmed by life decisions are the most common problems that people report who have come to me for assistance. I treat adolescents and adults. I am privileged to work with patients of many different ethnicities, religions, nations of origin, and cultures. Another major aspect of my professional work is providing supervision for psychotherapists who wish to deepen their psychotherapy technique. I have provided supervision to therapists in North America, Israel, and Europe. My particular expertise as a psychotherapy supervisor is in psychodynamic and psychoanalytic psychotherapy.
I am trained in the use of psychotropic medications and different forms of psychotherapy, ranging from brief therapy for focal problems to long term intensive therapies and psychoanalysis, for people who suffer from deep and long-standing difficulties that have prevented them from achieving what they wish to in life.
I have extensive experience treating professionals, including lawyers, executives, physicians, artists, performers, and mental health practitioners.
- Gender: Male
- Languages Spoken: English
- Years in Practice: 22 Years
- Average Cost (per session): $250
- Sliding Scale: Yes
- Accepts Credit Cards: Yes
- Accepts Insurance: None
- Profession: MD, Other, Psychoanalyst/Psychiatrist
- Professional Affiliations: American Psychoanalytic Association
- Degrees: Degree: M.D.Graduate School: State University of New York at BuffaloGraduated In: 1996Degree: B.A.Graduate School: State University of New York at BinghamtonGraduated In: 1991
- Licenses: License: M.D.Licensing Agency: Ohio State Board of MedicineOnline License: https://license.ohio.gov/Lookup/SearchDetail.asp?ContactIdnt=2964104&DivisionIdnt=78&Type=L
- Modalities: Individuals, Couples, Families, Groups
- Ages: Adolescents, Adults
- Orientation: Psychoanalytic, Psychodynamic, Supportive, Family Systems, IFS and Psychopharmacology
- Accept clients via telehealth: No
- ADD/ADHD, Adolescent Issues, Anxiety Disorders, Career Planning, Depression, Dissociative Disorders, Holocaust Survivors, PTSD/Trauma, Parenting Adolescents, Personal Growth And Self Discovery, Personality Disorders, Postpartum Adjustment, Prenatal Issues, Psychological Evaluations, Relationship Issues, Sexual Abuse, Sexual Addiction, Sexual Difficulties, Social Anxiety, Spiritual/Religious Issues