Michael Simcha Lax, Dr.
Dr. Michael Lax
3176 Route 27
1580 East 18th
Read my blog here: The Career Counselor's Corner
Long term problems do not necessarily require long term solutions. By employing the latest evidence based treatments, I aim to maximize durable change in the least amount of time. As my client, you will find me to be a patient & empathetic listener. I strive to view life through your eyes so that I can be best positioned to help you attain rapid improvement. Together we will develop a plan that targets your areas of concern. As part of the therapy process, I will teach you empowering techniques that will enable you, after you leave therapy, to become your own master therapist to yourself.
I utilize the latest innovations in Cognitive Behavior Therapy, as well as other approaches, to help clients resolve their issues as quickly as possible, saving you time and money. One of the exciting things about the therapy I employ is that problems start to be seen as opportunities for growth, rather than obstacles to happiness.
My clinical experience is broad and varied. It ranges from those very significantly impaired by mental illness to clients seeking guidance in making a career choice. ( I have specialized training in career counseling accredited by the National Career Development Association). I have earned post-graduate certification in CBT from the Cleveland Center for CBT.
- Gender: Male
- Languages Spoken: English
- Years in Practice: N/A
- Average Cost (per session): $150
- Sliding Scale: Yes
- Accepts Credit Cards: Yes
- Accepts Insurance: 1199, BCBS, Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield, Fidelis Care
- Profession: Career Counseling
- Professional Affiliations:
- Degrees: Degree: PSY.DGraduate School: PCOMGraduated In: 2011
- Licenses: License: PsychologistLicensing Agency: NYS Office of ProfessionsLicense Number: 020900Disciplinant Licensing: PsychologyOnline License: http://www.nysed.gov/coms/op001/opsc2a?profcd=68&plicno=020900&namechk=LAXLicense Number: 35SI00595100
- Modalities: Individuals
- Ages: Children, Adolescents, Adults, Geriatric
- Orientation: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Accept clients via telehealth: No
- Aging/Geriatrics, Anger Management, Anxiety Disorders, Career Planning, Children, Depression, Grief/Bereavement, Health Psychology, OCD, Pain Management, Psychotic Disorders