Debbie Summers, Mrs.
My counseling practice focuses on Counseling of children and teens, parents, and adult women. My experience of the past 25 years as an educator, Rebbitzen, and parent informs my work as a Marriage and Family Therapist and enriches and deepens my ability to understand and empathize with my clients’ experiences and concerns.
I currently have a private practice in Los Angeles. My approach is person -centered, forward-moving, positive, holistic, and strength–based. I believe in the therapeutic power of a caring and warm therapist-client relationship. And that people feel better when they are empowered to make choices that brings them closer to their vision of their quality world.
In working with my clients, I utilize several therapeutic approaches, including Reality Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, EMDR, and creative expression through art and play.
- Gender: Female
- Languages Spoken: English
- Years in Practice: N/A
- Average Cost (per session): N/A
- Sliding Scale: Yes
- Accepts Credit Cards: Yes
- Accepts Insurance: None
- Profession: Other, Marriage & Family Therapist
- Professional Affiliations: CAMFT
- Degrees: Degree: MA, MFT
- Licenses: License Number: LMFT106425
- Modalities: Individuals, Couples, Families, Groups
- Ages: Children, Adults, Geriatric
- Orientation: Mindfulness, Reality Therapy, Solution Focused Brief Therapy, Person Centered Therapy
- Accept clients via telehealth: Yes
- ADD/ADHD, Aging/Geriatrics, Anxiety Disorders, Career Planning, Children, Co Dependency, Depression, Domestic Violence, EMDR, EMDR, Grief/Bereavement, Life Transitions, Mindfulness And Relaxation, PTSD/Trauma, Parenting Adolescents, Personal Growth And Self Discovery, Pre-marital Counseling, Relationship Issues, Spiritual/Religious Issues