Dawn LaCarte, Ms.
Dawn LaCarte is a Clinical Behavioral Health Treatment Consultant and Master Certified Life Coach.
Partnering with families and professionals to navigate the treatment landscape to connect them with the best level of care suited for their individual needs is where Dawn feels most rewarded in her work. After spending nearly two decades working in the field in numerous capacities, she knows it’s truly about how well you connect with the heart-beating people you’re trying to help and communicate your understanding of their needs back to them to ensure recovery for the entire family.
Dawn has worked extensively with diagnostically complex groups of individuals addressing substance abuse disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder, mood disorder, personality disorders, trauma as well as grief and loss. Over the last 9 years Dawn has gained extensive experience touring numerous treatment centers, extended care programs, intensive outpatient programs.
Dawn holds a Bachelor's in Social Work from New York State University of Albany, where she also pursued her Masters in Social work; is a NYS OASAS Advanced CASAC, Certified Recovery Coach a Love First trained Clinical Interventionist, Master Certified Life Coach Certified Grief Educator and Reiki Master Teacher.
Trauma is of particular interest to Dawn as is working with families that have experienced grief and loss and have exhibited trauma-related behaviors that preclude them from accessing their personal, academic, and professional strengths. She finds assisting family systems understanding and accessing evidence-based treatment to helping patients and families regain their interests, relationships, and lives is particularly rewarding.
Affiliations include AIS; AAAP; NAADAC; ACA, WAAT and ICF
- Gender: Female
- Languages Spoken: English
- Years in Practice: 17 Years
- Average Cost (per session): N/A
- Sliding Scale: Yes
- Accepts Credit Cards: Yes
- Accepts Insurance: CASH, Cash Only, Most out of network benefits, Sliding Scale, Some
- Profession: Other, Counselor
- Professional Affiliations: AAAP, WAAT, NAADAC, AIS, ACA,
- Degrees: Degree: BAGraduate School: SUNY AlbanyGraduated In: 1994Degree: Master Certified Life CoachGraduate School: ICFGraduated In: 2021
- Licenses: License: NYS OASAS Advanced CASACLicensing Agency: NYS OASASLicense Number: 17322Online License: www.nysoasas.comLicense: Clinical InterventionistLicensing Agency: Love First
- Modalities: Individuals, Families
- Ages: Adults
- Orientation: NYS OASAS Advanced Certified Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor
- Accept clients via telehealth: Yes
- ADD/ADHD, Addictions, Anger Management, Anxiety Disorders, Biofeedback, Bipolar Disorder, Conduct Disorders, DBT, Depression, Dissociative Disorders, EMDR, EMDR, Eating Disorders, Gambling Addiction, Grief/Bereavement, Healing, Health Psychology