Freud, Grandma, Ethics and Religion!
Presenter: Presenter: Erik Hadden, MA, LCPC, Erik Hadden, MA, LCPC, Vital Sources Psychological Services
These workshops offer 6 Continuing Education Credits
All webinars in this series are recorded and will not grant live credits.
Full Day Webinar
June 1, 2023
10:00 am - 4:45 pm EST
This Full Day Webinar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 CE Credits. The cost of the full day is $99.99. You may attend an individual class for $59.99. This webinar is live and interactive.
To register for the FULL DAY Click "BUY IT NOW". To register for just one class, click on the Class/link below.
If you have any difficulty registering, please email us here.
Believe it or Not! Ethical Issues in Regard to Religion and Spirituality in Mental Health Treatment (Ethics)
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM EST
(3 CE Credits)
What do you do when a devoutly spiritual client comes to you, wants to include their spirituality in their treatment and you are not very familiar with their spirituality? What ethical issues are raised by treating people from diverse religious and spiritual backgrounds? What ethical issues arise when you, as a provider, have strong religious or spiritual beliefs?
This interactive training will help participants understand the ethical issues that may arise in treating client from different religious backgrounds and how religious competency is an ethical issue. Participants will learn how to address a client’s religion and spirituality in an ethical way, if and when it is ethical to incorporate it into treatment, and some common issues pertinent to treating clients from different religions.
This One Day Seminar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 CEs. The cost of the full day is $99.99. You may attend an individual class for $59.99.
Not Your Grandma’s Freud! A Fresh Look at Psychodynamic Theory and Practice
1:45 PM - 4:45 PM EST
(3 CE Credits)
A psychodynamic approach to treatment has fallen out of favor with much of the field as ‘evidence based practices’ are touted as more effective, and quicker, and are pushed by insurance companies. But many clients do not seem to be helped by CBT and other such practices alone. An understanding of how modern psychodynamic therapy works will expand treatment options, dispel misconceptions, and increase our ability to help a wider spectrum of people.
This interactive training will help participants understand the evidence behind the effectiveness of psychodynamic treatment. Mental health professions will learn how psychodynamic theory has changed in recent years. Participants will examine some of the common current treatment strategies and will learn the benefits of a time-limited dynamic treatment approach.
(Trainer, Erik Hadden, LCPC is the owner of Synergia LLC and adjunct faculty at Hood College in the graduate Counseling program. He has worked doing emergency psychiatric evaluations, as a counselor and sychotherapist seeing individuals, couples and families, as a behaviorist at a weight management clinic, and as a college counselor in the Middle East. Erik enjoys cross-cultural experiences and dialogue. He has visited aproximately 21 countries around the globe and lived for 6 years in the United Arab Emirates. Being in a cross-cultural marriage, helping people bridge cultural gaps is a passion Erik and his wife share. He is also an actor in his spare time, specializing in improv. Erik has been a CE You! presenter since 2016.)
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program. These credits are also accepted by the Maryland Boards for Professional Counselors, Psychology, and Certification of Residential Child Care Program Professionals, and many other states and disciplines.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapist Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.